MAKE THEM AT HOME!Published on 19 April, 2016, 02:00 pm
We Love to Bake! Make this classic Tuscan Biscotto at home! It's easy!
Cantucci as we know them are not the same as the original Biscotto di Prato created by baker
Antonio Mattei in the 19th century. The original biscotto di Prato calls for only flour, egg,
almond & pine nuts, sugar. No leavening agents or flavourings. Cantucci as we know the nowadays
include yeast as well as flavourings (orange, anice, chocolate, chilli).
It is said the name Cantucci, as we know the, are now so called because Mattei himself on his
signage (to this day) has the writing ‘Fabbricante di Cantucci’ or Cantucci maker.
70gr whole blanched almonds
1/4 tsp baking powder
130gr plain flour
75gr caster sugar
1 lemon zest
1 egg yolk
Whisk together egg, yolk and sugar. Sieve in the flour, salt & baking powder. Add lemon zest & whole almonds. Split the mix in half, roll into long sausage shapes & place on greaseproof paper.
Because the mixture is quite loose, wet your hands while shaping the biscotti.
Bake for 30minutes at 150 C, cool slightly then slice on diagonal, about 1cm width. Place on
tray & bake for a further 10 minutes.
#NonnasChesterfield #Ricette #CookWithUs #CookerySchool #BakeThemAtHome
- COOKERY SCHOOL HOT OFF THE PRESS! Published on 31 March, 2016, 02:10 pm
- PASTA CHEFS IN THE MAKING Published on 16 February, 2016, 09:00 am
- EASTER COOKING MADE EASY Published on 22 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- PROUD TO BE CHESTERFIELD CHAMPIONS Published on 29 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- A DAY IN TUSCANY IN THE HEART OF CHESTERFIELD Published on 20 April, 2016, 10:30 am
- Smiles all round for Liz's Birthday Celebrations! Published on 14 May, 2016, 10:00 am
- WE DECLARE 2016 SUMMER OF GIN FEST Published on 25 April, 2016, 01:00 pm
- MALFY GQDI ITALIAN GIN Published on 31 May, 2016, 09:00 am
- A heart warming tale from a brave little girl Published on 28 June, 2016, 09:55 am
- The gin of destiny Published on 14 July, 2016, 10:25 am
- Another Fun day at Nonnas Cookery School Published on 26 July, 2016, 03:00 pm
- Welcome to the 'Origin' Published on 29 July, 2016, 09:00 am
- Enjoy the harvest Published on 19 September, 2016, 09:00 am
- MEET THE TEAM : Pasquale Pollio, Sommelier & Assistant Restaurant Manager Published on 03 November, 2016, 09:00 am
- GET SPIRITED AWAY... Published on 24 November, 2016, 11:59 am
- WE TAKE OUR VINO VERY SERIOUSLY Published on 01 December, 2016, 08:12 pm
- A chance to give back Published on 07 December, 2016, 09:00 am
- PASTA MAKING BESPOKE MASTERCLASS Published on 21 November, 2016, 02:23 pm
- A Healthy Start To Our Foodie Journey Published on 10 January, 2017, 01:30 pm