The gin of destinyPublished on 14 July, 2016, 10:25 am
Now, I hear you. You don’t immediately associate Italy to gin production but it is debated, gin’s origins are rooted in monasteries, when monks used to make ailments from roots and shrubs to provide a cure to everyday aches and pains.
Italy has therefore an ancient connection to this spirit and has over the years developed Gin gems just now luckily coming to the attention of us all Gin lovers.
In the search for different styles and flavours of gins from around the world, it was obvious we would look at Italy too to bring you the country’s own take on the much loved London dry. And that’s where Roby Marton comes in!
A rock and roll kinda figure in the distillery world, a man of vision, a man, as he puts it, with a destiny.
His aim simple: to create a gin to tell his own story of the land, experiences, knowledge, heritage.
To him, his Gin, tells HIS story deep rooted in the love for his region, his child’s curiosity about brandy and thirst to learn about distilling, his father & grandfather’s recounts of their life stories.
Roby Marton is a gin like no other. Firstly it’s unfiltered so to make sure it keeps its golden hue (like brandy) and encapsulates all the flavours and scents of its 13 botanicals: citrus peel, cinnamon, licorice root, anise seed, Juniper berries, pink pepper, horseradish , Ginger, red berries , cloves.
This Gin is unique, complex, well structured, dry, with a hint juniper, licorice and ginger followed by delicate citrus notes. It is one to taste and experiment with.
We wanted to bring you gins from around the world that told a story in flavors, unusual and unique. Roby Marton does just that. It tells the story of northern Italy, of its inseparable link to the land, of the heritage that shaped its future, the story of an everyday man with a destiny.
- MAKE THEM AT HOME! Published on 19 April, 2016, 02:00 pm
- COOKERY SCHOOL HOT OFF THE PRESS! Published on 31 March, 2016, 02:10 pm
- PASTA CHEFS IN THE MAKING Published on 16 February, 2016, 09:00 am
- EASTER COOKING MADE EASY Published on 22 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- PROUD TO BE CHESTERFIELD CHAMPIONS Published on 29 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- A DAY IN TUSCANY IN THE HEART OF CHESTERFIELD Published on 20 April, 2016, 10:30 am
- Smiles all round for Liz's Birthday Celebrations! Published on 14 May, 2016, 10:00 am
- WE DECLARE 2016 SUMMER OF GIN FEST Published on 25 April, 2016, 01:00 pm
- MALFY GQDI ITALIAN GIN Published on 31 May, 2016, 09:00 am
- A heart warming tale from a brave little girl Published on 28 June, 2016, 09:55 am
- Another Fun day at Nonnas Cookery School Published on 26 July, 2016, 03:00 pm
- Welcome to the 'Origin' Published on 29 July, 2016, 09:00 am
- Enjoy the harvest Published on 19 September, 2016, 09:00 am
- MEET THE TEAM : Pasquale Pollio, Sommelier & Assistant Restaurant Manager Published on 03 November, 2016, 09:00 am
- GET SPIRITED AWAY... Published on 24 November, 2016, 11:59 am
- WE TAKE OUR VINO VERY SERIOUSLY Published on 01 December, 2016, 08:12 pm
- A chance to give back Published on 07 December, 2016, 09:00 am
- PASTA MAKING BESPOKE MASTERCLASS Published on 21 November, 2016, 02:23 pm
- A Healthy Start To Our Foodie Journey Published on 10 January, 2017, 01:30 pm