Welcome to the 'Origin'Published on 29 July, 2016, 09:00 am
The ‘Origin’ of all gins
August has come round super quickly and our Summer of Gin is in full swing. This month we have selected another lush gin star to highlight the diverse gin panorama available out there.
The ‘Origin’ range of London Dry is truly unique as each gin is single estate and distilled only from juniper gathered from a single location with no added botanicals.
The focus is to give each ‘Origin’ gin a true sense of ‘place’.
On our list we propose Klanac, Croatia. This super gin is made from the distillation of English wheat spirit and juniper berries grown and gathered in Klanac.
The berries are milled using a using a burr grinder to avoid heating them before they a macerated in English wheat spirit for 24 hours. The result is cold-distilled under vacuum in a rotary evaporation still, a technique that avoids 'cooking' the botanical, thus retaining the wonderful, fresh flavours.
We suggest to try ‘Origin’ dry to let the terroir’s aromas take center stage or with strawberries petals, dried orange and Fever Tree tonic.
- MAKE THEM AT HOME! Published on 19 April, 2016, 02:00 pm
- COOKERY SCHOOL HOT OFF THE PRESS! Published on 31 March, 2016, 02:10 pm
- PASTA CHEFS IN THE MAKING Published on 16 February, 2016, 09:00 am
- EASTER COOKING MADE EASY Published on 22 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- PROUD TO BE CHESTERFIELD CHAMPIONS Published on 29 March, 2016, 09:00 am
- A DAY IN TUSCANY IN THE HEART OF CHESTERFIELD Published on 20 April, 2016, 10:30 am
- Smiles all round for Liz's Birthday Celebrations! Published on 14 May, 2016, 10:00 am
- WE DECLARE 2016 SUMMER OF GIN FEST Published on 25 April, 2016, 01:00 pm
- MALFY GQDI ITALIAN GIN Published on 31 May, 2016, 09:00 am
- A heart warming tale from a brave little girl Published on 28 June, 2016, 09:55 am
- The gin of destiny Published on 14 July, 2016, 10:25 am
- Another Fun day at Nonnas Cookery School Published on 26 July, 2016, 03:00 pm
- Enjoy the harvest Published on 19 September, 2016, 09:00 am
- MEET THE TEAM : Pasquale Pollio, Sommelier & Assistant Restaurant Manager Published on 03 November, 2016, 09:00 am
- GET SPIRITED AWAY... Published on 24 November, 2016, 11:59 am
- WE TAKE OUR VINO VERY SERIOUSLY Published on 01 December, 2016, 08:12 pm
- A chance to give back Published on 07 December, 2016, 09:00 am
- PASTA MAKING BESPOKE MASTERCLASS Published on 21 November, 2016, 02:23 pm
- A Healthy Start To Our Foodie Journey Published on 10 January, 2017, 01:30 pm
- CELEBRATING THE GREAT BRITISH ASPARAGUS SEASON Published on 07 April, 2017, 09:00 am
- Born to be Wild Published on 11 April, 2017, 01:09 pm